PADIC’s mission is to provide a collective voice and serve as a resource for the support of small to medium size property and casualty insurers domiciled in California. PADIC serves as an advocate for the specific needs of its members on various regulatory and legislative issues and serves as a communication bridge between its members and the California Department of Insurance. In addition to being consumer oriented with local knowledge of California issues and serving as an advocate for its members, PADIC also provides members educational opportunities and useful information on regulatory issues.
Membership of the Pacific Association of Domestic Insurance Companies, is comprised of about a dozen property and casualty insurers domesticated in California. Our associate members represent the actuarial, accounting, legal, reinsurance and other professions within the insurance field. The affiliate members are comprised of the three major independent Agency trade associations in California (American Agents Alliance, IBA West and Western Insurance Agents Association). In addition the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) joins our trade affiliates.
About our member companies:
Our insurance products are sold by independent agents and brokers. PADIC member premiums approach $1 billion in California and the adjoining Pacific states.
- 43% personal and commercial auto
- 23% homeowners and related lines
- 15% earthquake
- 14% commercial multi-peril
- 5% other lines
- No workers compensation
Our member companies:
- Contribute over $20 million to the State of California in premium taxes
- Employ 100’s of Californians
- Contribute to charitable, educational and civic programs in their local communities
PADIC was formed to:
- Recognize the economic contributions made to California by domestic insurers
- Educate and communicate with regulators and legislators and the public about our products and services
- Support legislation that encourages competition
- Offer solutions and resources to assure a viable market for the California consumer
- Advocate for the needs and concerns of the small to medium size insurers
The strength of PADIC are its diverse California based members who are located in various communities throughout the state. PADIC applauds the California Department of Insurance Diversity Initiative which aims to increase the number of contracts insurers have with diverse suppliers in California.
In an effort to promote diversity the Members Only section of this website provides members links to certifying organizations and searchable databases to locate certified businesses.
PADIC Officers for the terms of 2015/2016
President: Stacey Jackson, Golden Bear Insurance Company
Vice President: Vacancy
Treasurer: Steve Miller, California Mutual Insurance Company
Legislative and Regulatory Chair: Robert Hagedorn, GeoVera Insurance Company